No matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after.
Just remember when you’re ignoring her, you’re teaching her to live without you.
A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.
Nothing can wear you out like caring about people.
You can’t keep dancing with the devil and ask why you’re still in hell
- Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
- Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
- Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
- Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
- You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
- That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
- Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
- It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
- I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
- Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
the people who are
thousand of miles away
from you, can make you
feel better than people
right beside you.
Traveling is the best education. You see the world through another lens. You realize your homeland isn’t the only reality, there’s many.
No one ever tells you that people will leave your life, unannounced. Sometimes they leave the earth, sometimes they just leave you. Things continue. Tomorrow you will wake up and the sun will be kissing your eyelids and it will be a new day for you to drink too much coffee and reread an old book. You will be okay. No one ever tells you that, either. Days will melt together like some candle you burned down to scraps, and seasons will change. You will fall in and out of love with yourself more times than you’ll ever be able to count. It is important to take the time to appreciate your own fingerprints, your own skin. There will be days when it is all you have.